a.counteract b.rebuff c.supplicate d.extrapolate
2. The task he has to deal with is ( ). The perpetual mismanagement has siphoned money from the vast revenues of their oil industry.
a.vivacious b.Herculean c.dormant d.sacrilegious
3. The stadium was given a $500 million ( ) ahead of the Olympic Games.
a.neophyte b.upshot c.facelift d.gibberish
4. The politician has received a stunning amount of bad press following his ( ) comments toward his opponent.
a.palatable b.painstaking c.judicious d. denigrating
5. Chinese market is known to be impenetrable. But the company made a ( ) effort to establish itself in China.
a.valiant b.irrevocable c.turgid d.penurious
6. WeChat is the best ( ) to the widely held belief that Chinese internet firms are merely imitators of Western ones, and cannot innovate themselves.
a.riposte b.dilapidation c.rancor d.lassitude
7. The Olympics are a perfect opportunity for fans to admire the accomplishments of athletes who can do what we mere mortals can hardly ( ).
a.coalesce b.vindicate c.extirpate d.fathom
8. The government is working to enhance its revenue collection, at the same time ensuring that ( ) taxes do not deter investors.
a.irascible b.steadfast c.cumbersome d.convivial
9. Many voters are resentful of the country's ( ) corruption and deteriorating economy.
a.vicarious b.entrenched c.tenuous d.hackneyed
10. The problem may actually be much worse than these statistics show, because the federal government has been using a crude ( ) for economic hardship.
a.harangue b.yardstick c.residue d.temerity
11. After a superb win, the athlete basked in the ( ) of the stadium.
a.adulation b.misgivings c.debacle d.opulence
12. Lower oil prices and the ( ) of Maduro's government have hit Venezuela’s finances hard.
a.apotheosis b.verbiage c.truncheon d.profligacy
13. These difficulties are ( ) by the state governments’ murky finances.
a.fumigated b.dimwitted c.edified d.compounded
14. Petroleum is often smuggled to neighboring countries where it ( ) a higher price.
a.recants b.prattles c.fetches d.extirpates
15. Nigeria’s economy made enormous strides to ( ) itself off oil in recent years. Almost half of its economic output now comes from services.
a.languish b.wither c.wean d.concoct
16. There are now a ( ) of data showing that when people engage in generous and altruistic behavior, they actually activate circuits in the brain that are key to fostering well-being.
a.incantation b.aspersion c.anathema d.plethora
17. As climate change warms the ocean and alters sea ice patterns, the area of Antarctic water suitable for krill to hatch and grow could drop ( ).
a.furtively b.precipitously c.timorously d.tentatively
18. His harmless appearance ( ) his belief—Craig was a member of the Ku Klux Klan, and he was involved in the killing of scores of Muslims.
a.elucidates b.jettisons c.belies d.eviscerates
19. Karimov was known as a tyrant with an explosive temper and a ( ) for cruelty. He jailed thousands of political opponents.
a.tether b.legerdemain c.penchant d.recidivism
20. Endemic corruption ( ) economic growth, despite considerable resources of natural gas and rare metals, along with its cotton exports.
a.stymied b.regurgitated c.underscored d.prevaricated
答え： d, b, c, d, a, a, d, c, b, b, a, d, d, c, c, d, b, c, c, a