1. He desperately ( ) the president's birth certificate in search of fraud because he believes that the nation's first black president is a socialist bent on destroying the country.
(1)dissected (2)edified (3)constricted (4)impelled
2. Every religion has unusual beliefs and rituals, from consuming the flesh and blood of Christ in Catholicism to fasting as a way of ( ) for sins in Judaism.
(1)weaning (2)abdicating (3)atoning (4)dilating
3. His book has been wildly controversial, prompting academic ( ), hate mail, and even threats to jail his publishers.
(1)environs (2)agrarians (3)frocks (4)rebuttals
4. From the ( ) data that do exist, scientists estimate that 13,200 adult Peary caribou now roam the Arctic Archipelago.
(1)piecemeal (2)foolhardy (3)impassive (4)mercenary
5. The reindeer can ( ) just fine in snow, provided it is not too deep, nosing through the powder to reach the underlying vegetation.
(1)garnish (2)forage (3)chastise (4)sundry
6. Stanley's interest in developing scientific talent had been ( ) by one of the most famous longitudinal studies in psychology, Lewis Terman's Genetic Studies of Genius.
(1)permeated (2)wriggled (3)piqued (4)infringed
7. It's my job to use medical evidence to evaluate and treat mental illness so as to ( ) suffering among my patients.
(1)gurgle (2)alleviate (3)shoal (4)unfurl
8. They were admitted after scoring in the top 1 percent on college admission tests at a ( ) age.
(1)clairvoyant (2)precocious (3)tadpole (4)dialectic
9. Animal personality researchers have historically focused on individuals while ignoring the way they behave in groups, and collective behavior researchers have focused on groups while ( ) individual differences.
(1)protruding (2)reveling (3)swindling (4)downplaying
10. The family agreed to meet a reporter but asked that their last names not be published, citing the ( ) attached to lead poisoning.
(1)stigma (2)grandiose (3)disparity (4)civility
11. He was recently arrested after a dispute with a convenience store clerk over soda pop, and is now on ( ).
(1)savior (2)treason (3)duel (4)probation
12. Furthermore, declining sea ice is ( ) their ability to move from island to island to find enough to eat.
(1)fiddling (2)hampering (3)acquitting (4)grafting
13. The forthcoming studies may further ( ) the enduring misperception that gifted children are bright enough to succeed on their own, without much help.
(1)ensue (2)erode (3)suitor (4)crucify
14. According to the article, a five-year study by the APA concluded that ( ) belief in a deity could hinder ones ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters.
(1)sheepish (2)devout (3)pitiless (4)retarded
14問正解: Outstanding! 英検1級は楽勝！タイムもenjoyできる。
11-13問正解: Excellent! 英検1級に合格。
8-10問正解: Good 英検1級はもう一息。